You may have to visit another website or want to do some work with your computer. But at the same time you might want to know when a new chat message is placed in this site. This is a common scenario. So how to accomplish this task?
You can simply turn on the sound notifications to accomplish this task so you can get a new sound notification on each new chat message. This option should turned on by default but some of our users told us that sometimes this feature is not turned on by default. If that is the case with you, then manually turn on the sound notifications. Following you will find how to accomplish that.
- Go to Chat section of the site and log in.
- Click on the three dots icon located top left of the chat screen
- Now click the Rooms icon from the pan that opens on the left side of the screen. Rooms icon takes the shape of three dots arranged in a triangular way and it is the first icon available at the bottom of the opened pan. Since this is the first icon, you may get in to this pan as soon as you clicked the three dots.
- Then enable the sound notifications by clicking the speaker button appears in front of the text that says "Sound notifications for messages received in background."
If you follow above 4 steps, then the sound notifications should be enabled by now. But if you still do not get the sound notifications, then follow the steps mentioned bellow.
- Follow the steps 1 and 2 mentioned above.
- Then select the Settings icon from the pan that opens. The Settings icon is located towards the bottom of the pan. It takes the shape of a cogwheel.
- Then turn on the sound notifications by clicking the speaker button appears towards the top of the pan.
By now you should receive the sound notifications upon getting new chat messages.